How To Reset Honda Maintenance Minder Light
Why to Reset The Honda Maintenance Minder Light
Your Honda maintenance Minder light needs to be reset every time one of the required services are completed such as oil changes, tire rotations, air filters, etc.. If you get your Honda serviced at a dealership you should not have to worry about reseting your maintenance minder light. The technician that completed your services should do it for you. Although if you are doing you are servicing on your own Honda or if the technician forgot to reset the light for you, below are simple steps to reset the Honda Maintenance minder light yourself.
Resting Honda Maintenance Minder Light
Reseting the light varies from vehicle to vehicle. I will explain a few different way’s it can be done depending on which vehicle you have.
Some Honda Vehicles still have the trip button such as the Honda civic. This is a stalk that sticks out of your dash that is usually used to determine what you want displayed on the dash or to reset your trips. Using this method, this is the only thing you need to use in
order to rest the maintenance minder light.
- Press the trip button until the oil life is displayed on your dash.
- Hold the trip Button down until the oil life flashes.
- Once it starts flashing release the trip button and press it again. That’s it. The oil life should say 100% now.
Some Honda’s have up and down arrows with a reset button located between them on the lower right hand side of the steering wheel. Some Honda SUV’s such as the pilot has these buttons on the steering wheel. Using this method these are the only three buttons you will have to use.
- Press the down arrow button until the oil life percentage is displayed on the dash.
- press and hold the reset button until the options cancel or reset are displayed on the dash.
- Hit the up arrow button to select reset. Likewise hit the reset button to select this option and now the oil life should read 100%.
- Press home.
- Select settings.
- Press vehicle settings.
- Scroll down to maintenance info and press it to select it.
- Press reset.
- A screen will pop up asking if you really want to reset it or cancel. press reset and that should do it. Likewise your maintenance minders should be gone and the oil life should read 100%.
If you have a maintenance minder light on and you don’t know what it’s indicating follow the link below for a list of the maintenance minders and what they represent.