What is the Honda Insight
Honda came out with the Honda Insight in 1999 as a 2 door hatchback hybrid as a two passenger car. The first generation Insight came to end by 2006 but by 2009 the second generation was released as a four door hatchback that held 5 passengers. Even with the added passenger capacity and doors the insight’s style did not change much. The Insight was discontinued in 2014 but not for long. The 2019 Honda insight was just released and is completely redesigned as a 4 door sedan with many updates regarding style, technology and drive train. Below is all the model info and specs for the redesigned 2019 Honda insight.
Starting at front, the 2019 Honda Insight features stunning LED headlights paired with it’s bold contours to make a great first impression. Moving to the side you will see the Insight comes with stunning allow rims too. Last but not least you will see Honda added LED brake and taillights on the rear end as well.
The design of the insight isn’t just for looks. The front of the car was designed to reduce wind loss and limit it’s wake. Even the bottom of the Insight is a flat underfloor design which helps with aerodynamics.
Keep the car in ECON mode to save gas but incase you want to enhance your driving experience and see what the car can do, switch it to Sport Mode and enjoy the ride. When changing lanes the insight can now expand your passenger side view with Honda Lane Watch. Below is a list of other features that are available on the Honda Insight.
• Remote Car Starter
• 8″ Touch Screen
• Apple Car Play & Android Auto
• Honda Link Mobile App
• Mobile Hotspot capabilities (Standard on Touring Trim Model)
LX & EX Trim Models: 55MPG city rating*
Touring Trim Model: 51MPG city rating*
*55 city/49 highway/52 combined mpg rating for LX and EX trims. 51 city/45 highway/48 combined mpg rating for the Touring trim. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on driving conditions, how you drive and maintain your vehicle, battery-pack age/condition and other factors.
Honda Sensing Standard
Every single Insight is equipped with Honda sensing which includes:
• Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) – Helps bring your car to a stop when it determines that a frontal collision is unavoidable.
• Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM) – Provides steering assistance to help return the vehicle back to it’s lane after departing from the lane without signaling.
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – Helps set a safe following distance behind other vehicles while driving on the highway.
• Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – Subtly adjusts steering to help keep the vehicle centered in it’s lane.
• Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) – Displays speed limit information to assist the driver.